538 Reaper Cam – Aggressive camshaft with a nasty sound. This camshaft revs up fast and pulls hard in engines with big bore cylinders, modified cylinder heads, inake, compression and exhaust. The REAPER 538 grind will shine in 124 and larger cubic inch engines with added compression ratio. Ported cylinder heads are not required but will complement the cam and add even more pulling power throughout the range. The stock throttle body produces an excellent powerband and use of a high flow throttlebody will increase peak power numbers. A high flow exhaust system and air cleaner is highly recommended for optimal performance.
* This aggressive camshaft requires high lift and higher load valve springs, performance pushrods and lifters.
* SE cylinder heads have high lift valve springs but will need to be verified.
* High flow air cleaner and stepped exhaust pipes highly recommended.
* FEULING also recommends matching this cam with our RACE SERIES oiling system #FE-7097 or FE-7099.
* High lift High Load valve springs are required, Part # SS900-0958
* Heavy duty pushrods are highly recommended.
* RPM range 2,350 – 5,975. Grind: 538
* Valve Lift Open Close Duration @ 50 Lobe Centerline
* Intake .538 20.5 BTDC 38.5 ABDC 239 .180 99
* Exhaust .542 48 BBDC 18 ATDC 246 .157 105
* Overlap: 38